Data Ops Engineer
Outbrain is the world's leading content discovery platform, serving over 200 billion personalized content recommendations every month to 550 million unique visitors from across the globe.
To support this scale, we manage a fleet of over 6000 physical servers, spread across several datacenters. Scalability, reliability and "building the right thing" are in our genes, and we wholeheartedly embrace automation and open-source.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join Outbrain's data store team.
In this role, you will deal with building and operate a variety of distributed systems such as MYSQL, Vertica, Cassandra, Elasticsearch and more. You will be facing great challenges around scale, cross DC support, visibility, automation and deployment of services in a micro service as well as multi-tenant environments, and will be using a variety of tools like Chef, Prometheus, Grafana and more to do that. You will also be dealing with solving complex system issues and constantly improving the performance of the service. An Ideal candidate is a Big data DBA with Linux administration skills
- Overall production data system health (including hundreds of servers)
- Provide architectural solutions for complex data issues, involving large-scale solutions and rapid growth
- Building and maintaining high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems
- Continuance improvement of Operation processes and procedures
- Familiarity as an infrastructure DBA with one or more of MYSQL/Vertica/Cassandra/ElasticSearch
- In depth knowledge in Linux administration
- Curiosity and a desire to continue learning new processes and technologies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with open source software platforms and languages
- Familiarity with chef big advantage
- Familiarity with Kafka / Storm technologies an advantage
- Experience working with Hadoop eco-system an advantage
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Head of Industry, Financial Services
Caroline forges partnerships with insurance and financial brands and marketers nationwide on behalf of Outbrain to amplify advertising and enhance content exposure throughout the industry.
Back to top