Data Center (Part-Time)
Outbrain is seeking a motivated Data Center Engineering Intern ready to make a difference in our platform group. To meet the increasing challenges of the growing business, the Platform group is continuously expanding Outbrain’s infrastructure, building new data centers and expanding existing ones. We work in a challenging environment, in a devops culture, leveraging various state of the art open source tools and developing some on our own. We are big believers in automation and try to monitor everything, using a nice blend of internal tools and external services.
Our team is made up of individuals who are resourceful, bright, and proactive, and who work well both independently and as part of a fast-growing team.
For this position we are committed to finding a Proactive Self Starter who strives for continuous improvement across a Data Center Environment. You will gain valuable knowledge on many aspects of not only Outbrain’s infrastructure and technology platform but also be expected to research and propose ideas to help us streamline our internal processes.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You must be passionate about remaining current on Industry trends and latest technologies.
- You will need a general understanding of Linux os and commands
- Strong communication skills are a must
- You will gain experience in Automation using Programmatic Interfaces (API’s for Example)
- You will have a solid understanding of Power Design, Delivery and Administration
- Basic Networking Knowledge/Administration
- You will be familiar with various open source applications
- You will have an in depth knowledge of various hardware including SuperMicro and Dell Server Chassis
- You are a student working towards a degree in Computer Science, Networking Technologies etc
- Previous experience/knowledge working with various cabling including Cat6, SingleMode/MultiMode fiber and twinax cabling is a plus
- You will be able to lift 50lbs
- You MUST be motivated in being a part of a team who is aiming to build world class data centers across the U.S.
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Lior oversees every aspect of Outbrain products that go to market. From the initial concept to the development of the project to its final release, Lior makes sure that every product feature is in tune with Outbrain's audience.
Back to top