Data Center Engineer
Outbrain is seeking a motivated Data Center Engineer ready to make a difference in our platform group. To meet the increasing challenges of the growing business, the Platform group is continuously expanding Outbrain’s infrastructure, building new data centers and expanding existing ones. We work in a challenging environment, in a devops culture, leveraging various state of the art open source tools and developing some on our own. We are big believers in automation and try to monitor everything, using a nice blend of internal tools and external services.
Our team is made up of individuals who are resourceful, bright, and proactive, and who work well both independently and as part of a fast-growing team.
For this position we are committed to finding a Proactive Self Starter who strives for continuous improvement across a Data Center Environment.
Your first year should look like this:
- In your first month, you should find your bearings, do a deep dive into the Outbrain product systems and technologies and start to key areas for improvement
- After three months, you will be an expert in All things related to the Data Center Facilities and you’ll have an in depth working knowledge of our infrastructure. You’ll be able to confidently navigate all things related to daily operations in our Data Centers, and establish relationship with our internal teams and external vendors. You will now be ready to work independently on various projects previously identified as key to the success of our growth.
- After six months, you will have successfully made impact on the our provisioning, Asset Tracking and Hardware trouble tickets. You will feel confident to do handle all aspects of building and maintaining a world class Data Center.
- When you finish up your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the Platform team, having successfully integrated yourself with all teams in the Platform group. You will be expected to provide insight on how to elevate our processes to the next level.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You must be passionate about remaining current on Industry trends and latest technologies.
- You will need a High level of Linux Administration Skills
- Strong communication skills are a must
- You will need experience in Automation using Programmatic Interfaces (API’s for Example)
- You will have a solid understanding of Power Design, Delivery and Administration
- Basic Networking Knowledge/Administration
- You will have Experience in Inventory Management and Asset Tracking
- You will be familiar with various open source applications
- You will have an in depth knowledge of various hardware including SuperMicro and Dell Server Chassis
- You will have a minimum of 5yrs prior Data Center Experience
- Previous experience working with various cabling including Cat6, SingleMode/MultiMode fiber and twinax cabling.
- You will be able to lift 50lbs
- You MUST be motivated in being a part of a team who is aiming to build world class data centers across the U.S.
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Lior oversees every aspect of Outbrain products that go to market. From the initial concept to the development of the project to its final release, Lior makes sure that every product feature is in tune with Outbrain's audience.
Back to top