Content Analysis student-IL
Outbrain is looking for a student to join our rapidly growing IL office. This is a fantastic opportunity for an intellectually curious, proactive, and resourceful student to gain experience in a leading digital startup first-hand! As with all of our Outbrain employees, we are looking for someone who is passionate and excited to contribute to a team.
Outbrain powers content recommendations to increase user engagement and page views on sites like CNN, SLATE, and Time Inc. Outbrain also enables publishers and top brands (RedBull, Microsoft, and many more) to distribute their content across our wide publisher network. We recommend 150 billion articles and videos each month to more than a half a billion people worldwide.
A key technology behind our recommendations is a stack of machine learning algorithms that automatically extract meaning from articles’ text. The student will review the results of these algorithms to provide important feedback that will help fine-tune and improve them. Following a training period in the office, partial work from home is possible. The student will work at least 2 days a week.
- Work closely with our algorithm team to provide accurate and timely feedback to the text understanding algorithms
- Apply critical and creative thinking to identify problems and suggest improvements
- At least 2 years left prior to graduation
- Native speaker of one of these languages: Spanish, Portuguese, French, German
- Proficient English skills – oral and written
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Problem-solving skills, sound judgment, and decision-making ability in a dynamic environment
- Passion for content and online savvy
Back to top