Business Development Manager - Tokyo, Japan
Outbrain is seeking a highly motivated, relationship-focused business development manager to focus on the publisher space, based in our Tokyo office. If you are interested in joining a group of accomplished, passionate people and willing to take part in the growth of our activity in Tokyo by managing the business relationships with our publishers, then we want to talk to you!
Work with a team of resourceful, bright and proactive people, all of whom individually collaborate to a fast-growing team. We are looking for an ambitious go-getter minus the ego, who will strive to add value to publishers’ lives- you won’t stop until Outbrain has won them all!
This individual will work closely with publishers and new audience segments to develop the Engage (publisher) business. Our ideal candidate will have strong business development experience, ideally within a digital and publishing environment supported by exemplary relationship management skills. As a business development manager, you will take full ownership of your publisher network working alongside the account management team, and you will be responsible for the long term growth of both existing and prospective clients.
Travel will be required 5-10% of the time.
- Establish long-term profitable business relationships with 30+ publishers in Japan
- Negotiate complex distribution contracts with publishers, alongside our Legal team support, and close deals with new publishers
- Develop product and process expertise in order to provide superior client support and escalate partner feedback to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with a broad range of internal parties (Product, Engineering, Business Development, Legal, and Marketing) to build partner strategies for opening new publisher accounts
- Identify growth opportunities and expand his/her network in order to close deals with new publishers.
- Oversee technology integrations, with support from Technical Account Management and Product, to ensure smooth and successful launches
- Educate clients on Outbrain value proposition and any relevant new products, features, or initiatives
- Team up with the Account Management Team to deliver the best of our monetization and recommendation solutions to our publishers
- Minimum 3 years of account management or project management experience, working directly with publishers
- Minimum 3 years of online advertising or digital publishing experience
- Strong ability and desire to interface with clients/publishers both remotely and face to face
- Experience in structuring and negotiating deals for a digital company or deals where an online component and revenue were central
- Solid understanding of digital technologies/site monetization, and ability to explain product benefits in detail
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation and sales skills
- Excellent relationship building abilities and experience in contract negotiations
- Desire to participate in the development of account strategies for long term revenue growth
- Ability to work independently and prioritize partner initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Web analytics experience (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, Web Trends) is a PLUS
- Good English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Native speaker of Japanese with 3+ years of working in Japanese-speaking client-facing environment
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Lior oversees every aspect of Outbrain products that go to market. From the initial concept to the development of the project to its final release, Lior makes sure that every product feature is in tune with Outbrain's audience.
Back to top