Business Development Manager - Sydney
We are seeking an experienced business development manager to focus on mid-tier marketers, within our highly successful Amplify Platform team in Sydney. This is a hybrid business development and Account Management role, so the successful candidate will be an integral part of all functions of the Amplify team, sitting within the larger APAC commercial team. Mid-tier marketers are a key customer segment for Outbrain globally. They are driven by variety of KPIs, their marketing activity is centred around showing a demonstrable ROI per campaign, in the form of audience engagement, conversions and other high-value actions. Agencies and clients such as Dentsu-Aegis, Omnicom, IPG Mediabrands, GroupM, Hitachi, Tourism Australia are examples of brands that have been successful in utilising Outbrain as a channel for reaching and acquiring new customers and sales.
A blend of both the outreach and account management aspects of sales, the successful applicant for this role will be able to onboard new clients and then work with them proactively to ensure they hit their business goals to become a long-term client of Outbrain. The successful applicant will be able to fulfil the following tasks:
- A consultative dealmaker with the ability to manage existing accounts, source new clients and build a revenue pipeline, turning prospects into partners.
- Source, pursue and close deals with major advertising agencies that are in-line with the company’s goals and capabilities.
- Prospect new business, make in-person presentations to clients, build relationships and negotiate contracts. In other words, be mostly outside, meeting your clients,
- Manage a growing pipeline and accurately forecast new business closure rate and revenue booked
- Work closely with sales management to consistently achieve and exceed revenue goals, as well as to identify emerging trends in the marketplace
- Delivering campaign insight and strategy for clients to truly understand the value of their Outbrain campaigns
- Communicating with clients day-to-day by email and phone to offer strategic advice on optimisations to improve campaign performance
- Working closely with clients to fully understand the goals and KPIs they wish to achieve and then ensuring Outbrain’s strategy and technical setup is aligned to these
- Able to work across multiple reporting systems to uncover meaningful insights and present these in a consumable format
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and liaise across multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) to achieve objectives
- A great communicator who can respond quickly in a fast-moving environment
Your first year should look like this:
- In your first month, you should find your bearings, do a deep dive into the Outbrain product, and start to build key internal and external relationships
- After three months, you will be an expert in Discovery and you’ll have mastered our positioning within the digital landscape. You’ll be able to confidently and effectively deliver our pitch, will have already completed a number of in person client meetings and you’ll have a ton of new in person meetings scheduled.
- After six months, you will have successfully closed an abundance of new brand and agency business as well have significantly grown a number of key existing accounts
- When you finish up your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the APAC sales team, having substantially increased Outbrain’s market penetration with the key brands and agencies within the region.
To be successful, you will have:
- 2-3 years experience in a sales, account management or a hybrid role – selling or supporting a digital solution
- Great communication skills – over the phone, via email, in client meetings & presentations
- Experience in upselling to clients
- An understanding of the digital marketing landscape
- Excel and analytics platform (such as Tableau) experience highly valued
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, along with their CV, explaining their motivations for applying.
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Lior oversees every aspect of Outbrain products that go to market. From the initial concept to the development of the project to its final release, Lior makes sure that every product feature is in tune with Outbrain's audience.
Back to top