Big Data Engineer
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer to join Outbrain data processing team.
In this role you will deal with building and operating a variety of distributed data delivery and processing systems such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and more. You will be facing great challenges around large scale, cross DC support, complex upgrades, visibility, automation and deployment of services in a micro service as well as multi-tenant environments, and will be using a variety of tools like Chef, Prometheus, Grafana and more to do that. You will also be dealing with solving complex system issues and constantly improving the performance of the services.
- Overall production data system health (including hundreds of servers)
- Provide architectural solutions for complex data issues resulting from large-scale and rapid growth needs
- Building and maintaining high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems
- Continuous improvement of Operation processes and procedures, focusing on engineering approach and automation tools development
- In depth knowledge in Linux administration
- Familiarity with one or more of Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Storm/Kafka
- Curiosity and a desire to continue learning new processes and technologies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with open source software platforms and languages
- Familiarity with chef - a big advantage
- Experience working in cloud environments or containers – an advantage
- Computer Science or related engineering degree from a university – an advantage
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Head of Industry, Financial Services
Caroline forges partnerships with insurance and financial brands and marketers nationwide on behalf of Outbrain to amplify advertising and enhance content exposure throughout the industry.
Back to top