We are Outbrain.
We’re one of the world’s largest content recommendation platforms, delighting audiences with engaging, personalized content recommendations while serving as the primary engagement partner and platform for the world’s top digital media companies.
Outbrain is seeking a highly motivated, business oriented, self-reliant Analyst to join our BI group.
If you're excited to work in a cutting-edge data environment, if you're eager to expand our data-driven culture and drive actionable insights to meet always changing business needs, we’d love to meet you!
As with any Outbrain employee, we're looking for someone who is resourceful, bright, proactive, works well independently and as part of a team, and who will be passionate about what she or he does. For this position, we are looking for a person with exceptional analytical skill, seasoned, and a leader with the ability of self-learning and delivering results.
We provide a casual, fast-paced culture that is built on top performance. Candidates should be energetic self-starters who can grasp the always changing complexity of the business and technology.
A day in the life
- Get your hands dirty working with big data sets to provide useful actionable insights for both product and business users
- Proactively collaborate across the organization to understand use cases/stories and construct clear, concise specifications for BI front-end solutions
- Work closely with Business Sales and Account Management teams to better understand client needs
- Create, support and maintain data models, reports, and dashboards to monitor performance
- Identify ongoing opportunities for automating processes and enhancing tools
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Statistics / Information Systems or a related technical field
- At least 3 years of proven hands-on experience in an analytic role
- Experience building reports and dashboards in Tableau, or similar BI Tool
- Strong analytical mind with the ability to creatively solve problems with incomplete or imperfect data
- Excellent SQL skills with experience of analyzing and visualizing large data sets a must
- Experience building reports and dashboards in Tableau, or similar
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience using Vertica and Hadoop Hive a plus
- Experienced in leveraging data and analytics in a business environment to influence decision making
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities; exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Fluent in English (verbal and writing
More than snacks!
- Hybrid working: three days a week from the office and two from home
- Expand your toolbox with our mentorship program and internal learning tools
We Recommend #LifeAtOutbrain
Outbrain is an equal employment opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion at all stages of recruitment and employment.
Our company culture is welcoming, dynamic, diverse, global, and built on top performance.
Did you know "trust" is one of our core values? We apply this value to our day-to-day by working collaboratively on a global scale. With managers and teammates often sitting in other countries and time zones, we value communication, patience, and open-mindedness to all cultural backgrounds. We encourage all ideas, and everyone gets a seat at the table!
Our team is made up of individuals who are approachable, resourceful, passionate, and proactive. We foster a sense of belonging through our Employee Resource Groups –employee-led groups in which we debate topics and drive change. From OB Green (environmental), OB WE (women empowerment), OB Good (charitable initiatives) to OB4E (diversity, equity, and inclusion), you’ll be able to share your passions with likeminded people.
Dive into the Outbrain experience via our Instagram account!