Backend Software Engineer - Machine-learning
Outbrain's AutoML team is looking for a Backend Software Engineer to help us continue building and improving our suite of machine-learning tools that are used in Outbrain's Recommender System,
helping readers discover content that they can trust to be interesting, relevant and timely.
We work in an extremely agile environment – fast development and deployment cycles enabling immediate feedback – to produce high performance, multithreaded, service-oriented software modules.
Our production environment makes use of today’s leading Big Data technologies (Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, etc.).
At Outbrain's scale, all algorithms must be designed upfront with ultra-high serving throughput in mind.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- B.Sc in Computer Science / Statistics / Mathematics or closely related fields
- Proven industrial experience in Java software development; Python experience is a plus
- Experience in developing large-scale data-intensive systems, preferably Web systems
- Experience in bringing advanced algorithms to production
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Back to top