Backend ML Engineer
- Netanya, Israel
Outbrain’s yield optimization team is looking for an experienced software Engineer with machine learning and data science aspirations. The team is part of Outbrain’s Recommendations Group - about 40 machine learning engineers, data scientists and backend engineers who are responsible for everything that Outbrain recommends in its feeds and widgets. The team is involved in research, implementation and production rollout of state of the art machine learning models in diverse tech stack Python, TensorFlow, Java and Rust.
Yield Optimization teams responsibilities:
We are developing state-of-the-art CTR prediction models which are the backbone of Outbrain recommender systems. We leverage Outbrain AutoML suite to accelerate our research and to reduce productization time. We do extensive feature research, develop state of the art models in TensorFlow and Rust. In addition we tackle classical recommender system challenges such as cold start.
Your personal responsibilities are:
- Build Improve and maintain core components for serving our machine learning based services
- Implementation and integration algorithmic features to high scale production system
- KPI based research on improving existing machine learning models
- A/B testing and monitoring of new features
- Data analysis over huge datasets to validate various hypothesis
- Collaborate with AutoML team to further improve our ML Ops tooling
Who you are:
- BSc\MSc in Computer Science, Software, Information Systems Engineering or similar or equivalent industry experience
- 4 years or more proven industrial experience as a software engineer (Python/Scala/Java/C++)
- Machine Learning Enthusiast - Specifically in NLP or Recommender Systems
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with big data technologies Kafka, Spark, Hive, Cassandra - big advantage
- Machine Learning Industry Experience - big Advantage
- Leadership experience (an advantage)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and great work/life balance.
- Working fully remote due to COVID in the foreseeable future.
- Making a business and technical impact in a global company. The company is global, but at the same time small enough that a single person in this position can have a significant and measurable impact
Back to top