Backend Java Software Engineer
- Netanya, Israel
Outbrain’s backend guild is looking for a top-notch Java developer who will shape the technology of the world’s top content recommendation network.
- Each team is highly autonomous and owns its own services. You develop, you deploy, you wake up at night when your code breaks.
- Production code that we decided is going to stay with us, must be safeguarded by unit and integration tests, pass static analysis, go through a gradual deployment process and be automatically monitored for business KPIs. Quality is king.
- Peer review through pull requests is our bread and butter.
- Use the right tool for the job. Don’t blindly follow the latest fad, but always be on the lookout for what’s out there.
- We require thousands of servers across multiple data centers to serve our traffic.
- > 10k Kubernetes pods.
- Many dozens of services and data stores are accessed for each served request. We have a Netflix style micro services architecture where all pieces must fit together to deliver on performance and correctness.
Who you are
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Mathematics or related degrees; graduate-level degrees is a plus
- 3+ Years of proven industrial experience in Java software development; Scala/Kotlin experience is a plus
- Experience in developing large-scale data-intensive systems, preferably Web systems
- Experience in bringing advanced algorithms to production
- Ability to work in an agile development environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with one or more of the following is an advantage: Spring, Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, ElasticSearch
- Experience in research and data analysis in the industry is an advantage
Back to top