Since 2006 Outbrain has been developing a content discovery platform guided by a single mission: to help people discover content that they can trust to be interesting, relevant, and timely. Today our recommendations reach hundreds of millions of users across a global list of premium media properties.
Outbrain Automatic Yield (Revee) is a new and unique system under the Outbrain umbrella of publisher solutions that tracks the revenue generated from publisher pages in real time by utilizing integrations to various ad serving networks and technologies. It is used to track real time revenue for some of the biggest news sites around the world and to help optimize campaigns they run. As part of our engineering team, you have the opportunity to take part in designing and building the platform; the ultimate real time revenue analytics platform for publishers.
We are looking for an experienced Back-End Engineer to help us continue to build and simplify the experience across our platform. We are seeking creative engineers who think outside of the box, solve complex problems pragmatically, execute quickly, and innovate – curious individuals who want to create something exciting every day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in small, agile team, designing & developing and testing new features for an innovative, large-scale, Java-based content distribution and management system.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify, prioritize and document detailed product requirements.
- Drive continual improvement to system architecture and application code
- Lead development efforts in optimization of existing systems (scalability, reliability, availability)
- Expert Java programming skills a must
- 5-10 years of Java-based server-side software engineering
- Expert knowledge of Spring, Tomcat or Jetty,
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies and NoSQL such as Hadoop, Cassandra, HBase, Spark
- Experienced with Continuous Integration (CI) systems and automated testing frameworks and practices.
- Proficiency with general UNIX administration & networking
- Excellent applied optimization skills (application performance optimization, query optimization, system optimization, stress/load testing, etc.)
- Security-minded development practices focused on prevention, detection and remediation of potential threats such as SQL Injection
- Experience with developing and deploying to a Cloud environment is a plus (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Advertising technology industry experience is a major plus
- Highly motivated and self-sufficient with excellent written and oral communication skills
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
Back to top