Outbrain is the world's largest content discovery platform, bringing personalized, relevant online, mobile and video content to audiences while helping publishers understand their audiences through data. Outbrain serves over 200 billion recommendations on a monthly basis, so scalability, reliability and team effectiveness are in our bloodstream.
Our team is part of Outbrain's Recommendations group. It supports business-critical internal applications, and our work has a direct and significant impact on billions of Outbrain customers around the globe. Developing in this team presents many technical challenges in the areas of robustness, reliability and scalability, while satisfying complex business rules.
We are looking for a smart and talented software engineer who will have overall ownership and responsibility of data architecture and visibility tools. The ideal candidate will use his/her experience and intuition to design and implement data flows, complement data, and enhance the team's visibility tools.
- · BSc in Computer Science or related field
- · At least 3 years of experience writing Java code
- · Deep understanding of best practices of data modeling and data analysis
- · Autodidact and self-motivated
- · A true team player with strong communication skills
- · Experience with working in a startup company
- · Experience with Kibana, ElasticSearch- a big advantage
- · Experience with Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce
- · Async Programming Experience
- · Experience with Spark, Kafka streams
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Head of Industry, Financial Services
Caroline forges partnerships with insurance and financial brands and marketers nationwide on behalf of Outbrain to amplify advertising and enhance content exposure throughout the industry.
Back to top