Backend Big Data Team Lead
Outbrain is seeking a Team Lead to a team in charge of serving billions of content recommendations per day.
The main mission of the team is to develop and enhance the production-grade serving stack that drives Outbrain's Content Recommendation Engine while integrating cutting edge algorithms into the serving flow.
Prospective candidates should be experienced in leading high throughput backend engineering teams that leverage modern big data platforms and be familiar with the principles ofMachine Learning and Advanced Data Analysis.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years of leading/managing backend engineering teams.
- At least 5 years of experience in server-side Java development, preferably of an algorithmically or data-driven product.
- At least 2 years of experience in big data distributed development with Apache Spark, ElasticSearch & Hadoop MapReduce.
- Experience with distributed data stores such as Hive, MySQL, Cassandra.
- Understanding of scale and performance aspects of real-time serving systems and large-scale offline modeling pipelines.
Meet Some of Outbrain's Employees
Head of Industry, Financial Services
Caroline forges partnerships with insurance and financial brands and marketers nationwide on behalf of Outbrain to amplify advertising and enhance content exposure throughout the industry.
Back to top