Associate Account Executive
Outbrain is seeking an energetic and ambitious Associate Account Executive to support and contribute to our growing sales team. You’ll work closely with the sales team in all aspects of the sales process and will eventually build up to owning and growing your own book of business as well. You’ll be integral to the sales process, as you work on preparing our Sales Directors for client meetings through material creation, meeting coordination, and note-taking to ensure quick and complete follow-up.
The ideal candidate is an outgoing and motivated individual who is highly organized, not afraid to pick up the phone, comfortable with public speaking, and interested in jumping into a sales career in the digital marketing space.
- In your first month, you should find your bearings, begin to grasp the Outbrain product, and start to build key internal and external relationships.
- After three months, you will be a pro at navigating our internal systems. You’ll prospect and research potential target clients, respond to RFPs, and maintain Salesforce.com data with ease. You’ll be comfortable supporting the team with tasks at all levels, whether it be lead generation or deciding where to cater in from for the next client meeting.
- After six months, you’ll be the go-to for sales decks and prep materials, and will be sitting in on client meetings to see your work in action while learning the tricks of the trade from more senior sellers.
- When you finish up your first year, you’ll be an essential part of the midwest sales team, having substantially contributed to the team’s market penetration with the key brand and agencies within the region.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ambition and curiosity. You’re ready to dive head first into a career in sales
- A strong passion for, and knowledge of, digital marketing and the digital landscape
- Agency experience preferred
- Bonus points for previous experience in sales and/or content marketing!
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter explaining why you’re ‘Outbrainy’ and interested in joining our team.
Back to top