Outbrain is seeking a motivated AP Associate ready to provide comprehensive expertise to our New York team. Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, this person will be responsible for accurately processing vendor invoices and employee expense reports. Our team is made up of individuals who are resourceful, bright, and proactive, and who work well both independently and as part of a team.
For this position we are committed to finding a true Accounts Payable multi-tasking specialist with a keen eye & obsessive attention to detail, who can help create efficiencies to handle the ever-growing volume of our business, yet still maintain a high standard of accuracy & efficiency.
Your six months should look like this:
- In your first month, you should find your bearings, do a deep dive into Netsuite and our other systems, and start to become comfortable with our policies & procedures for invoice & expense report processing.
- After three months, you will be an expert in producing accurate AP transactions within Netsuite and you’ll have mastered the management of bi-monthly payment runs & and ad hoc payments, as required. You’ll be able to confidently and effectively liaise with vendors & employees on invoice or payment issues. You will be able to record vendor payments, ensuring that all Aging reports are current, & will have no problem reconciling vendor statements as well as maintaining all vendor-related data & documentation.
- After six months, you will have successfully participated in completing the Monthly Close, including recording prepayments, accruals & validating that all expenses are coded correctly according to the Chart of Accounts & FP&A guidance. You will also have been a key participant in the year-end issuance of 1099s and other quarterly and annual procedures.
- When you finish up your first six months, you’ll be an essential part of the AP Team, having substantially enhanced our ability to meet the challenges of satisfying all the payees that are crucial to Outbrain’s growing business.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a multinational, multicurrency company
- You’ll need to be highly organized & detail oriented
- You’ll need to be comfortable with & have working knowledge of ERP systems
- You have excellent communications skills-both written & verbal
- You’re flexible, able to work effectively under pressure & meet strict deadlines
- You have a Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Back to top