We are Outbrain.
We’re one of the world’s largest content recommendation platforms, delighting audiences with engaging, personalized content recommendations while serving as the primary engagement partner and platform for the world’s top digital media companies.
Outbrain is seeking an accountant to join a dynamic global finance team based in our India (Gurugram) office, with a focus on subsidiary accounting.
This individual will be responsible for managing and maintaining financial records, performing various accounting tasks, and supporting the overall financial operations of an organization. The role involves handling financial transactions, preparing reports, and ensuring compliance with relevant accounting principles and regulations.
This role will be hands on with many different interesting challenges, whilst also represents a great opportunity to build upon existing skills and gain experience in many aspects of a finance department in a rapidly growing digital organisation.
This role reports to the Senior Accountant, based in Cologne (Germany).
A day in the life
- Financial Transactions: Record and process financial transactions
- General Ledger maintenance for several Outbrain subsidiaries across Europe: Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts, including journal entries, intercompany journals, accruals, and adjustments.
- Period end Closing: Assist in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Reconciliations: Conduct periodic reconciliations of bank statements, balance sheet accounts, and other financial records to ensure accuracy and identify discrepancies.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and income statements, to provide an overview of the subsidiaries under the role’s responsibilities
- Review vendor agreements to check they are in line with Outbrain's policy and maintain accurate records across NetSuite & Salesforce
- Tax Compliance: Assist in preparing tax information and maintaining compliance with relevant tax regulations.
- Audit Support (local and global): Assist in internal and external audits, providing necessary financial documentation and explanations.
- Data Analysis: Analyze financial data, identify trends, flux analysis and interpret data to provide valuable insights to management.
- Cost Analysis: Monitor and analyze costs, expenses, and revenue patterns to identify opportunities for cost optimization and increased efficiency.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with accounting principles, financial reporting standards (e.g., US and local GAAPs, IFRS), and internal accounting policies.
- Process Improvement: Continuously identify opportunities to streamline accounting processes, improve efficiency, and implement best practices.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- At least 5 years of accounting experience
- Proficiency in using accounting software and tools (NetSuite would be a plus)
- Effective communication skills
- Forensic attention to detail : Keen attention to detail and accuracy in financial record-keeping.
- Time Management: Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong ethics and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality and financial transparency
- An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills
- High level of English proficiency (both oral and writing)
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Proactive attitude – ability to take initiative to get things done
- Strong Microsoft Excel and IT skills
- Be motivated with an eye for process improvement
- Supporting 2 days a week ‘working from home’ in EU time zone (2-10pm local time)
More than snacks!
- Office and home hybrid working: three days a week from the office and two from home
- Be part of our success with our equity program
- Wellbeing benefits like private health insurance.
- Expand your toolbox with our mentorship program and internal learning tools
We Recommend #LifeAtOutbrain
Outbrain is an equal employment opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion at all stages of recruitment and employment.
Our company culture is welcoming, dynamic, diverse, global, and built on top performance.
Did you know "trust" is one of our core values? We apply this value to our day-to-day by working collaboratively on a global scale. With managers and teammates often sitting in other countries and time zones, we value communication, patience, and open-mindedness to all cultural backgrounds. We encourage all ideas, and everyone gets a seat at the table!
Our team is made up of individuals who are approachable, resourceful, passionate, and proactive. We foster a sense of belonging through our Employee Resource Groups –employee-led groups in which we debate topics and drive change. From OB Green (environmental), OB WE (women empowerment), OB Good (charitable initiatives) to OB4E (diversity, equity, and inclusion), you’ll be able to share your passions with likeminded people.
Dive into the Outbrain experience via our Instagram account!