Social Media Content Specialist
Social Media Content Specialist for OutboundEngine
OutboundEngine, the leading done-for-you marketing automation service for small businesses, is seeking a Social Media Content Specialist to help create amazing campaigns for our customers. We’ve raised $33.8M in funding, have over 8,000 customers on our platform, and need a creative and detail-oriented person to keep our clients looking great online. This position has a focus on social media, but will have exposure to all kinds of content production.
Founded in 2012, OutboundEngine automates email and social media marketing for small businesses by combining a simple, easy-to-use marketing automation platform with professionally written and beautifully designed content. Our clients spend less time on marketing and more time serving their customers, and their customers get valuable content that they’re excited to engage with.
What You’ll Do
- Help develop and implement social media strategy for clients in 18 industries
- Write social media content for clients in multiple industries
- Source interesting third-party links to support social campaigns
- Pick the perfect images to accompany each post
- Keep up to date with the best practices in social media
- Help build our content calendars
- Load content into our app, QA and schedule for delivery
- Contribute to the OutboundEngine company blog, ebooks, infographics, whitepapers, videos and other content marketing assets
- Work on a fast-paced but casual team of smart people
- Experience creating social media content for branded accounts
- Outstanding writing ability demonstrated through prior experience in journalism, blogging, copywriting or content marketing
- High degree of creativity
- Strong editing skills: must be comfortable line editing, copyediting and proofreading
- Familiarity with AP style
- Basic photo editing skills
- Working knowledge of basic web infrastructure: HTML, CSS, CMS, etc.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a deadline-driven environment
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to the changing needs of a fast-growing startup
- Bonus points if you have experience/interest in design, web development, video, or other multimedia skills.
What’s In It For You
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid time off, plus the last two weeks of the year off
- Fun, casual downtown office with free snacks and drinks
- Paid parking or monthly metro pass
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter telling us why you’d be great for this position and what you think a business needs to do to be successful on social media. We’re also interested in portfolio links if you have them.
Back to top