Manager - Retention
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95 by Inc. Magazine. We are based out of Austin, Texas, where we have been named a "Best Place to Work" winner for the last four years by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 8,000 small business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, surface their best leads and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business.
The ideal Manager - Retention has a history working in retention, as well as customer success and has steadily progressed in their career to become a successful leader within retention. We define a successful retention team leader, as one which decreases the churn rate consistently, exceeds quotas, improves internal processes and has created a team that works in a positive environment and consistently works develop their team mates skills. This is a “hands-on” Management opportunity and you must be willing to jump in the trenches and lead your team to victory!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of a team of the retention representatives to increase save rates, decreasing churn - gross and net, as well as managing concessions
- Foster a tight knit team environment, by developing a strong relationships, through motivational leadership and focus on providing new and creative ways to boost morale
- Empower staff to resolve escalated issues, respond to customer feedback and increase retention rates
- Work closely with and advise reps who are struggling through training and 1:1 coaching sessions
- Be the example, by putting in the hours, saving customers and getting the job done
- Determine training needs, creating and conducting general Retention trainings to improve overall retention performance
- Collaborate with the Operations Managers, Customer Success Managers and others to improve overall departmental functions, to ensure that we perform above company expectations
- Work with the Customer Success and Product teams to review customer feedback and find collaborative, sustainable solutions
- Effectively identify retention trends and communicate action plans to other parts of the business
- Scaling the team through recruiting and interviewing activities
- Additional responsibilities may arise as the company grows and the needs of the department change
What You Bring to the Table:
- A brilliant Retention strategist, with a history of leading teams to exceed company expectations
- 2+ years experience as a Retention Manager or similar position; must have experience with performance management and coaching
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A creative thinker who is always looking for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies while remaining open-minded
- Experience mentoring junior staff and developing them to become high level representatives, ready to be promoted!
- Adept at identifying problems, finding solutions, correcting the situation and moving on
- A positive attitude and is high-energy, believes in active coaching to optimize rep performance
- Strong leadership abilities, with an exceptional knowledge base which you use to help team members strengthen their skills and further develop their careers
- Proficient in MS Office, Salesforce or other CRM (must be able to run and create reports)
- An outgoing personality who is able to effectively communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Metrics-orientation and data-driven approach; previous experience in planning and budgeting a PLUS!
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Experience working in fast paced company, such as SaaS or Technology sales
- Knowledge in content marketing, email marketing, and social media marketing
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary, education opportunities, strong career and leadership development programs
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Generous PTO, accrue 3 weeks annually and a paid two week holiday break at the end of the year
- Company-paid downtown parking, bus or metro pass
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and catered lunches on Wednesdays
- Casual dress and music rocking all day
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more
Back to top