Customer Success Operations Manager
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95 by Inc. Magazine. We are based out of Austin, Texas, where we have been named a "Best Place to Work" winner for the last four years by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 8,000 small business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, surface their best leads and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business.
As a Customer Success Operations Manager you will drive operational excellence, in the Customer Success department, by identifying areas of opportunity to increase efficiency, removing obstacles and creating improved processes. You will collaboratively work with members of the Customer Success teams and other departments to ensure the Salesforce analytics goals, dashboards, reports, compensation mechanics and processes are well functioning and understood. You will be responsible for building alignment with the Customer Success departments to work toward exceeding company goals.
What you will be doing:
- Monitor daily Customer Success operations; report on C-SAT, Customer Retention, Account Growth Revenue, other support metrics and the effectiveness of key activities
- Provide ongoing training to our team on activities, such as Customer Retention and Account Growth; be the subject matter expert (SME) to the Customer Success and Operations team regarding strategy and best practices
- Coach our Customer Success team members to better strategize their workflows, optimize their metrics and improve their overall productivity
- Provide regular analysis of key performance targets and operational activity to Operations and Customer Success Leadership and provide them with insight on how to achieve optimal results
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with cross functional teams within the company
- Continually track and provide plans on how to improve Customer Success KPIs and performance management
- Collaborate with Customer Success and Operations to improve forecasting efforts, stay on target and assess new or missed business opportunities
- Manage projects for department heads, by building reports, analyzing and design workflows/ processes, etc.
- Work with our technology vendors and assist the Administrator of these tools to keep them high functioning and running smoothly
- Contribute to the creation of compensation plans, to ensure the correct plan types are allocated to the reps, measure the effectiveness of these plans and calculate compensations monthly
- Support the effective use of Salesforce.com to measure & improve productivity
What you bring to the table:
- 2-5 years of experience in Customer Success, Operations or other related customer focused project oriented role
- Operations competence (forecasting, planning, systems, reporting, processes and methodologies and compensation)
- Intermediate user of Salesforce.com and analytics tools and advanced user of MS Office
- Program/project management experience in Customer Success
- Ability to conduct sophisticated analysis and communicate those results to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to be productive with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage conflicting priorities and to complete assignments under tight time constraints
- Ability to work effectively with diverse audiences, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Strong drive and will to succeed
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; knows when to demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and team player attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or Operations or related degree.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary, education opportunities, strong career and leadership development programs
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Generous PTO, accrue 3 weeks annually and a paid two week holiday break at the end of the year
- Company-paid downtown parking, bus or metro pass
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and catered lunches on Wednesdays
- Casual dress and music rocking all day
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more
Back to top