Business Development Manager
OutboundEngine is looking for a Business Development Manager who is well-versed in the marketing technology industry to build and develop long lasting partnerships between OutboundEngine and other influencers in the small business ecosystem.
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95 by Inc. We are based out of beautiful downtown Austin, TX and have been voted “Top Ten Places to Work” for the last three years, by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 9000 small business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business as well as new business.
What you will do:
- Work directly with OutboundEngine’s Vice President Business Development on the company’s emerging growth initiatives
- Develop and manage new revenue-generating partnerships with software companies, marketing agencies and consultancies, and other companies, driving growth for one of the company’s most promising new revenue channels
- Collaborate with product management, marketing and sales to craft and refine OutboundEngine’s ecosystem strategy
- Strategically manage partner relationships and work tirelessly to make our partners successful
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in operations to build out OutboundEngine’s partner operations strategy and processes.
What you bring to the table:
- 4-6 years of business development, sales, product marketing or product management in a software or services business
- Deep familiarity with the marketing software and services ecosystem and native fluency in the language of marketing
- A history of successfully selling to, marketing to, or partnering with marketers
- A creative mindset and a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to easily shift between wearing sales, services and marketing hats
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal
What's in it for you:
- Competitive guaranteed base salary with unlimited commission potential
- 100% Paid Insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Generous PTO, accrue 3 weeks annually and a paid two week holiday break at the end of the year
- Company-paid downtown parking, bus or metro pass
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, beverages and catered lunches on Wednesdays
- Casual dress and music rocking all day
- An awesome work environment and positive work culture, which celebrates employees success!
- Company events, such as private concerts, happy hours, team outings, holiday parties and more
Back to top