Virtual Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Denver, CO
Hi, we're Oscar Medical Group. We’re hiring a Virtual Primary Care Nurse Practitioner to join our team working remotely in Denver.
Healthcare is broken. Patients experience a system that is fragmented, inaccessible, and impossibly complicated. We want to change that starting with primary care. We also believe medicine is a team sport and great primary care means connecting patients to a broader community of healthcare professionals and resources that are designed to address each patient’s healthcare needs. We’re starting with a ‘virtual first’ connection.
About this role:
We’re looking for an Advanced Practitioner to manage a panel of members in Denver. This is the first market we’re launching our Virtual Primary Care offering in. You’ll keep a set patient schedule, treating patients, managing clinical escalations, and engaging in new products we’re rolling out for the program.
As we build the program, you’ll advocate for specific needs for your Care Team, and areas for improvement for our Virtual Primary Care offering. You’ll determine when in-person interactions are most appropriate for members, and make referrals to those care settings. You’ll be our ears to the ground and eyes to the future of how we provide primary care.
- Provide exceptional care for your panel of patients (18+) virtually (phone, messaging, video)
- Provide continuity of care to patients with a wide range of acuity from young/healthy to chronic conditions (DM, HTN, COPD, CAD, etc).
- Collaborate with MD/DO on Care Team on complex patients / escalated cases.
- Follow up on labs, imaging, and closed loop communication with other providers where necessary.
- Use tooling to enable virtual “exams” including remote home monitoring equipment, remote physical exam, remote point of care diagnostics (ie TytoCare or Butterfly).
- Collaborate with and supervise RNs, MAs.
- Advocate on behalf of the Care Team specific capabilities necessary for your region or patient population mix (e.g. adding Specialist access within Care Team).
- Help develop clinical guidelines and continuous improvement of Care Model.
- Work with Product and Operations to give feedback on ways to improve workflows and tooling to reflect best care practices.
- Be available for on call shifts and to answer critical labs escalations.
- Be willing to flex into other service lines (ie Virtual Urgent Care)
- Maintain a flexible patient schedule -- this may include scheduled early morning visits (7am) and early evening visits (7pm) with occasional Saturday visits as we understand patient preferences.
- Participate in collaborative care with virtual behavioral health Specialists (and potentially other Specialists!)
- DNP, FNP or ENP from an accredited nursing school
- 5+ years of primary care experience; specialty in Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine
- Licensed in Colorado
- Located in Denver and willingness to practice in-person
- Professional Spanish-language fluency
- Experience delivering virtual care
- Experience using EMR tools such as Athena
- Familiarity using e-consults (i.e. messaging platform) for speciality services
- Experience being metrics driven in a practice setting as it relates to population health management, quality benchmarks, and productivity
- Experience working with remote diagnostic and home monitoring tools
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top