- New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Treasury Manager to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service, healthcare, and insurance companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
About the role:
We are looking for a skilled Treasury Manager who will be joining a growing Treasury function within the Finance team. This position will help oversee cash management operations including wire transfer payments, account maintenance and funding, cash positioning, fraud prevention and bank account setup/maintenance. The candidate will have exposure to senior leaders across the finance, business, and strategy teams while gaining in-depth knowledge of the health insurance business.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage and monitor day to day cash operations, wire transfer payments, account maintenance and funding.
- Manage key Treasury relationships and liaise with the banking partners to set up bank accounts and services.
- Review/maintain user access to electronic banking systems.
- Monitor bank service fees and address quality issues.
- Prepare and maintain Management cash balance reporting and establish distribution cadence.
- Investigate and resolve day to day bank related inquiries.
- Update Treasury related policy and procedures.
- Evaluate opportunities to utilize a Treasury Management System.
- Ensure Treasury activities are in compliance with Treasury policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and internal controls.
- Develop and execute strategies to improve Treasury processes and controls.
- Manage and respond to audit requests, work with external and internal auditors on supporting information requirements.
- Assist with other special projects and analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in Corporate Treasury role
- Operating experience with online bank platforms and Treasury Management systems.
- Basic understanding of investments, capital management and US GAAP/STAT accounting
- Prior experience in insurance, healthcare or financial services industry preferred
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills to drive actionable results
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and communication skills
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top