Technical Product Manager, Data Infrastructure
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Technical Product Manager for Data Infrastructure to join our Engineering team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role:
The Oscar Engineering team is looking for a Technical Product Manager who will help us grow a world-class data engineering infrastructure program with which we can change healthcare for the better. In this role you will spend time understanding how teams across the business need to store, access, transmit, and transform some of our most carefully-protected information. One of the most crucial responsibilities at Oscar is our safeguarding and protecting our Members’ information, and you’ll play a key role in ensuring that we maintain privacy standards to the highest degree. You’ll work across infrastructure engineering teams to help them coordinate, develop, and launch some of the most challenging projects at Oscar.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Strategy Development: Identify and prioritize the most critical needs of the organization that should be addressed through infrastructure development or infrastructure acquisition.
- Process Development: Drive the design, coordination, and implementation of critical organizational processes.
- Roadmapping: Work with infrastructure teams to create project roadmaps that focus work on the highest priority objectives.
- Project Coordination: Obtain, communicate, and manage commitments needed to execute development efforts effectively across multiple teams.
- Client Relations: Develop a deep understanding of client needs, facilitate communication such that clients understand their relative priority and what they can expect from the data infrastructure at Oscar.
Example projects include:
- “Disrupting” Faxes — healthcare still transmits most data by fax, and we’re on a mission to bring it to the modern era. You’ll work on our data transmission, reception, and routing infrastructure and help broaden its usability by Oscar Employees and external partners.
- Analytics Infrastructure — since the data we generate is both incredibly sensitive and extremely useful, you’ll help empower data science teams to discover the most effective ways to help members live their best lives.
- Identity and Access Management — help us grow an approach to IAM that is not only effective but highly maintainable, auditable, and convenient.
- Supporting efficient, secure, and respectful development — Help engineering teams at Oscar develop against our highly complex data models while maintaining absolute compliance and respect for members’ privacy.
- Make existing infrastructure sustainable — Finding creative new ways to optimize legacy healthcare infrastructure for the modern cloud computing era.
- And more!
A successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of two years of product management experience
- Primarily worked with users that are of a highly technical background (e.g. software engineers, data scientists, product managers)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top