Software Engineer, Data/Systems
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Software Engineer for Data / Systems to join our Engineering team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
As an Oscar Engineer, you’ll be joining a tight knit, passionate team working on system design and architecture; complex data systems and pipelines; development of communications or other types of infrastructure; and lots more. We take pride in our ability to move quickly (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), and our willingness to tackle big problems (frequency == everyday).
What we're actually doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
- A search engine that effectively and efficiently connects members to the care they need when they need it.
- A platform to securely, accurately, and automatically make electronic payments to providers.
- A system to price and adjudicate claims in real time with startling accuracy.
- A generalized platform to communicate with people via various channels, including email, snail mail, push notifications, and SMS.
You at Oscar:
- You have been programming professionally for 3+ years
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You’re willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- You pride yourself on building high-performance, fault-tolerant, and scalable software systems.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds welcome.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top