Senior Treasury Manager
- New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Treasury Manager to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service, healthcare, and insurance companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
About the role:
We are looking for a leader who will be responsible for building out a robust treasury function within the finance team. This position will support Oscar’s growth initiatives and long-term strategy by effectively managing our cash/liquidity across the company as well as strategic thinking around the use of financial instruments (hybrid, letter of credit, convertible, etc). The candidate will have exposure to senior leaders across the finance, business, and strategy teams while gaining in-depth knowledge of the health insurance business.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop near-term and long-term cash/liquidity forecasts for the parent company
- Manage key treasury relationships and partner with legal to open new accounts
- Work with capital and risk management function to monitor capital levels and funding needs of regulated entities
- Help assess cash needs for strategic investments in conjunction with corporate development team
Must have qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience in Corporate Treasury role
- Basic understanding of investments, capital management, and US GAAP/STAT accounting
- Prior experience in healthcare or insurance industry preferred
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills to drive actionable results
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Back to top