Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our Engineering team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
Oscar's business depends on trust. From forging relationships with our members through our Concierge teams to storing their Protected Health Information (PHI) in secure databases, a trust chain weaves through all that we do at Oscar. The Site Reliability Engineering team at Oscar is one of the links in this chain; the infrastructural and platform layer decisions that we make impact the integrity, availability, and security of our services, and ultimately affect all interactions with members and providers.
As an Oscar SRE, you’ll be joining a diverse and passionate team of builders and operators. We take pride in our ability to operate complex machinery and resolve incidents with a cool demeanor. You will help architect the systems from the ground up that are driving a new type of insurance company and ensure our site and critical services are always available.
What we’re actually doing:
The following is a list of daily tasks our team is currently responsible for:
- Triage and help resolve a variety of requests coming from the rest of the organization.
- Guide teams with a focus on automation, maintainability, and security.
- Measure and monitor availability, latency and overall system health.
- Engage in capacity planning, demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and systems tuning.
- Improve and keep documentation up to date.
- Help overall knowledge sharing across Oscar.
You at Oscar
- You care about operations.
- You care about automation.
- You are able to juggle competing priorities.
- You’re open minded about technologies, whether it be a new shiny new thing or an arcane, ill-conceived protocol; our company may be new, but the healthcare industry isn’t!
- Able to maintain calm while troubleshooting production issues.
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience.
We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top