Senior Product Manager
- New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Product Manager to join our Product team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You’ll join our Care Delivery product team, which is focused on launching Oscar’s new Virtual Primary Care experience. This involves building clinician-facing tools that allow us to offer Oscar members access to a virtual provider who can manage their care, with capabilities like writing prescriptions, ordering diagnostic testing, and collecting vitals from device kits.
You will report into our Senior Director of Product Management in our NYC office.
- Comfortable with complex systems. You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system into its member parts, and how to communicate that complexity simply and cleanly.
- User-driven. You develop an understanding of how users think and behave and you talk to them. You have a grasp of user experience and are comfortable sketching user flows with your team.
- A researcher. You can think creatively about how to get the information you need to prove or disprove your hypothesis using user research or data (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You are always driving towards a decision.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 3+ years.
- Defining the business and user goals of a product team focused on helping clinicians understand and improve the health of our members through virtual care.
- Work with engineers, designers and other company partners to create specs and implement features.
- Make sure your projects are progressing smoothly, while weighing the trade-offs among speed, scale-ability, simplicity, and quality.
- Produce insights from data and user research to help you identify potential improvements.
- Coordinate and organize work across multiple perspectives and functions within Oscar.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with clinical workflows and virtual care
- Experience managing integrations with vendors
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top