Senior Manager, Operations - Medicare Advantage
- New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Manager to join our Medicare Advantage team in our NYC office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
You will help operate our Medicare Advantage (MA) business. You will support our Medicare Advantage operations, including: managing projects to refine our operational infrastructure and workflows; identify and oversee implementation of operational process improvement projects; manage the operations metrics monitoring program; organize operations governance forums; coordinate efforts across business and technical teams to address risks and work with Compliance to implement new or updated regulatory guidance.
You will report into the Senior Director, Medicare Advantage
- Manage go-to-market and readiness projects
- Manage Annual Enrollment Period and 1/1 readiness project plans
- Work with accountable business owners to meet project deadlines
- Identify and escalate risks to timelines and troubleshoot solutions
- Prepare C-suite-facing presentation material to report on project progress
- Support efforts to achieve operational excellence in our Medicare Advantage product
- Partner with business teams to manage large-scale, operations-related projects to improve performance, compliance, and Stars performance
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and guide efforts to address them
- Partner with business and technical teams to inventory and prioritize operations improvement projects
- Ensure business operates in a compliant manner
- Develop a monitoring program
- Coordinate efforts to find and address operational risks
- Partner with Compliance to manage operational implementations spurred by regulatory updates
- You have Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- You have 6+ years of work experience working in a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan working in operations or compliance
- You have 4+ years of project management experience
Nice to have:
- Proficient in excel / SQL
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top