Senior Director, Strategic Programs
- New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Director of Strategic Programs.
At Oscar Health we are refactoring healthcare. We want to help each of our members achieve their healthcare goals in a personalized way. To help us achieve that goal we are looking for innovative leaders who think big and push boundaries to refactor healthcare and the healthcare delivery system.
About the role:
The Oscar Strategic Programs team is responsible for Oscar’s programs and services focused on improving outcomes and reducing total cost of care. Today, the team encompasses Virtual Care and Population Health, two critical functions that design, launch, and operate initiatives aimed at improving health outcomes while delivering total cost of care savings. In the near future the team will expand to include a dedicated provider enablement arm focused on empowering network provider partners to deliver value-based care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for setting the strategy, direction, and priorities for Oscar’s Strategic Programs team.
- Partner with Oscar’s Data and Medical Economics teams to understand total cost of care trends and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work cross-functionally with Operations, Product, Clinical, and Marketing teams to scope and evaluate new, large scale programs and initiatives focused on total cost of care.
- Design innovative strategies that address total cost of care for all Oscar Health lines of business (Individual & Family Plans, Medicare Advantage and Small Group).
- Develop Oscar’s strategic programs commercial offering for +Oscar clients
- Align the Oscar Leadership team on overall strategy and priorities
- Set targets and monitor progress and results to ensure business goals are met.
- Build and manage a small but mighty team
Required education and experience
- 12+ years experience in a strategic leadership position and/or in the healthcare consulting space
- Proven track record of success in strategy, design, and program management roles
- Experience working with payers or providers on value based care, population health, or related total cost of care focused initiatives
Preferred education and experience
- MBA or Master’s degree in healthcare field
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top