Sales Director, IFP and MA (Central Region)
- Dallas, TX
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Sales Director to join our Sales team, in the Central Region.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a key member of Oscar’s sales team, you will lead the company’s sales efforts in the Central Region. You’ll be responsible for growing membership in Oscar’s individual and family (IFP) and Medicare Advantage (MA) health insurance products through the implementation of traditional insurance sales channels as well as the pursuit of innovative sales strategies. You will drive Oscar’s broker strategy in the state, ensuring that insurance brokers across our coverage area have the information and tools to effectively sell Oscar. On the creative side, you’ll test and iterate on ideas to drive buzz at a local level and create efficient pathways for individuals to enroll with Oscar. Examples could include building relationships with influential organizations and individuals in the local market, or conceiving and planning large-scale enrollment events. This is a unique opportunity to have a significant impact on the trajectory of a rapidly growing startup in a region holding more than 25% of our membership base.
You will report to Oscar’s SVP of Growth, Louis DeStefano.
- Meet or exceed regional sales goals while opening doors to additional distribution channels and providing excellent service to existing distribution partners
- Drive our Central Region’s broker/distribution partner strategy to bolster their ability to sell Oscar
- Identify distribution partners, develop relationships with key partners, and manage ongoing production and expectations with agencies
- Track and manage distribution partner KPIs and develop innovative ways to incent increased sales productivity and brand loyalty
- Manage CAC/LTV and the impact of distribution decisions on contribution margin
- Represent market dynamics and traction with IFP & MA leadership team
- Partner with IFP & Medicare Advantage leadership to identify distribution opportunities, including bonus programs, commissions, eligibility rules, etc.
- Provide local competitive intelligence and market research for internal Oscar teams
- Support Oscar HQ Business team & Regional Market Leader efforts to evaluate geographic expansion, new product lines, insurance plans and pricing
- Ensure regional IFP & Medicare Advantage sales teams are operationally effective
- Build, develop and manage best in class regional sales organization
- Build performance management framework to measure team KPIs
- 7+ years of experience in health insurance sales
- Experience building, developing and managing health insurance sales teams
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Experience driving revenue growth
- Experience developing innovative ways to reach prospective members
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top