Regulatory Operations Associate
- New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Regulatory Operations Associate to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Insurance Operations powers some of the fastest scaling operations that are required to run an insurance company: processing claims, large-scale provider contracting, member and provider data ingestion, and more.
You will support a team responsible for building production processes, improving quality for core operational tasks and managing partners across all departments, such as Data, Product, Engineering, Finance, Legal and Compliance. You will develop foundational processes for understanding new laws and regulations, scaling our regulatory operations, provide analytical support and summarize the complexity of our data and operations into clear explanations to meet our regulatory obligations. The outcomes your team provides will de-risk our core operations, scale our ability to satisfy audits and will reshape how Oscar operates.
You will report to the Associate Director of Insurance Operations.
During your first six weeks: You will...
- Develop a baseline understanding of the insurance operations ecosystem (including the underlying technology and your partners) and current strengths, weaknesses, and gaps.
- Embody Oscar’s vision of customer-orientation and lean operations.
- Engage with the current members of the team.
- Initiate connections across the company, including leadership, and external partners.
During your first five months: You will...
- Implement/provide leadership on 2-3 process improvements that markedly move us towards operational excellence around our regulatory obligations.
- Build relationships between our team and important partners
- Solidly grasp risks, tools and data that allow you to understand the performance and status of the ecosystem projects supporting our compliance program.
- Have a distinct handle on the structure of the team both operationally and culturally.
- Introduce tools and systems to support more efficient management and team execution.
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of operations experience (improving processes, project managing, and lean operations)
- Experience in knowledge management processes
- Proficiency in SQL and other database languages
- Experience working in service-oriented teams in a regulated environment
- Experience managing relationships internally and externally
- A demonstrated passion or experience in Healthcare
- Experience translating regulatory requirements into business requirement
- Data analysis skills such as advanced Excel skills
- Background in policy or governance
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top