Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Program Manager-QRS to join our Stars Team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will manage the Quality Rating System(QRS) program, working collaboratively with business partners across the organization to ensure success. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of growth at Oscar, helping enable our innovative model to reach new members.
You will report directly to the Director of Stars. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- You will manage program initiatives, and work cross functionally with departments (concierge, pharmacy, population health, Quality, Utilization Management, Clinical Operations, Marketing, Sales) to strategically drive improvement processes and activities.
- You will play an important role in ensuring the success of our Quality Rating System(QRS) for our ACA membership.
- You will oversee QRS monitoring dashboards to measure actionable insights into program needs and results.
- You will work to find synergies between QRS and MA Star programs to utilize or augment existing programs as needed to provide the best experience for our members.
- 2+ Years QRS Experience
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- Background working in HEDIS and CAHPS
- Experience monitoring quality outcome data and managing programs to deliver actionable insights
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.