Program Manager, Pharmacy Operations
- New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Program Manager, Pharmacy Operations to join our Pharmacy and Cigna + Oscar Business team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We’ve just announced a strategic partnership with Cigna to jointly provide commercial health insurance to small businesses in select markets. The two companies will begin offering the product under the Cigna + Oscar brand in late 2020. The new offering will bring together the depth of Cigna’s experience and provider relationships with Oscar’s high-touch, consumer-facing approach to customer service and care navigation. We’re committed to giving small business owners in these markets an affordable option that helps them and their employees save money and see the doctors they know and trust. Cigna + Oscar will make it easier for their employees to get appropriate care quickly and stay healthy.
The Pharmaceuticals Team develops, coordinates, and executes a company approach for the Oscar prescription drug benefit. As a Program Manager, you will direct all daily relations with our pharmaceutical benefit manager. You will also improve core operations that our vendor delivers as are part of our prescription drug benefit and connect these services into the Oscar ecosystem.
You will report into the Vice President, Pharmaceuticals
- Coordinate all ongoing operations and new implementations with our pharmacy benefits vendor - including oversight/audit programs, operational improvements, expansion programs, file transfers, utilization review and insurance operations.
- Work closely with both our vendor and the correct Oscar experts as needed.
- Promote regular working sessions and quarterly executive meetings with vendor partners - pushing ongoing projects to completion and open issues to resolution.
- Support the pharmacy team on the development of other longer-term projects such as Medicare Advantage expansion, clinical program development, and new product launches.
- 3 or more years of professional experience in operational roles (bonus if it’s in healthcare, especially insurance or pharmaceuticals).
- You have a bachelor's degree or higher
- You are a natural at project management. You have a keen attention to detail and are a prioritizer.
- You know how to manage across levels, personalities and working styles. Staying flexible but holding people accountable.
- You are an expert communicator, you can translate complex topics (medical and non-medical) with simple language, in writing and presentations.
- You know how to think systematically about problems, never ad hoc, and building, tracking, and analyzing metrics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- You thrive in fast paced environments and are excited by the challenge of building the processes you need to do your job well.
- Experience working in health insurance
- Have worked in a tech/startup environment
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top