- New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Privacy Officer to join our team in New York City.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
As Privacy Officer, you will be responsible for providing leadership for Oscar’s Privacy Program. We currently operate in the individual market (both on-and off-exchange) in fifteen states, the small group market in four states, and the Medicare Advantage market. We’ve also joined with Cigna to launch an exciting small group product. We anticipate further geographic expansion and new product offerings. You should be comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
- Oversee our privacy compliance program, including compliance with HIPAA, regulations promulgated thereunder, and state law. Coordinate risk analyses and assessments.
- Provide thought leadership on regulatory and industry developments, including the proactive identification and assessment of risks and the ongoing monitoring and tracking of regulator privacy and security enforcement actions.
- Oversee the response to any privacy-related issues or inquiries from partners or regulatory agencies and Oscar partners.
- Coordinate Oscar compliance efforts with the Chief Information Security Officer and the Security team, and the VP of Compliance.
- Supervise, and, in certain cases, conduct, investigations into reported or observed violations.
- Facilitate business conformance with applicable privacy rules. Provide leadership on the development of privacy policies and advisement on business team procedures.
- Work with minimal supervision on multiple, simultaneous and diverse assignments while adhering to deadlines and managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Support cross-training, problem-solving, and knowledge development across Oscar.
- Build and lead team of Privacy experts.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school OR Masters Degree from an accredited college or university in Healthcare, Hospital, Public or Business Administration
- 8+ years of legal experience in privacy compliance or risk management in a healthcare setting
- License to practice law in New York, either as a licensed attorney or as licensed in-house counsel, or are able to obtain such licensure shortly after hire
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC) by the HCCA
- People management experience
- CIPM or CIPP/US certification
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top