Post Acute Care Social Worker
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Post Acute Care Social Worker to join our Clinical team in our Dallas office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
The Post Acute Care (PAC) Program is consistent with the case management industry guidelines: assessment, care planning, communication and coordination, education, empowering and advocacy. The goal of this program is to improve quality outcomes and optimize service utilization and cost.
- The assigned Social Worker (SW) will operate within the company’s Clinical Care Delivery department providing onsite and telephonic care management services to individuals identified as “high risk members”
- Will collaborate with the PAC field/office nurse and community health worker
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for a selected group of members and their families
- Will travel between the office, member's homes and acute and subacute facilities
- Will participate in meetings with Medical Director to review member’s progress and update plan of care as needed
- Develops an outcome-based plan of care, based on the member’s input and assessed member clinical and social needs with anticipated targeted dates for accomplishment
- Initiates onsite hospital visits/rounds as needed to assess patient progress and meet with appropriate members of the patient care team
- Conduct initial in-home or facility visit to engage and educate the member (and their family/caregivers) to the Oscar MA Program
- Routinely conduct telephonic, in-home, and/or in-facility visits to monitor the member’s adherence to their established care plans
- Continuously coordinates, monitors, tracks and evaluates all care and services rendered to ensure that quality care is being delivered in the most appropriate setting
- Routinely discuss members’ care plans with the Medical Director to make adjustments as necessary
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of the members and family and facilitates consultations with Social Worker
- Identifies and addresses pharmacological needs of the members and facilitates consultations with the pharmacy department, as necessary
- Responsible for the coordination of post-discharge clinic appointments, PCP and specialist visits
- Be available (during work hours) to take incoming phone calls from assigned members
- Maintain a comprehensive list of available wellness and other community programs available to members and facilitate referral of members to resources
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact with members, families, and external healthcare providers
- Ability to work effectively both on an individual basis and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong computer skills to maintain accurate and complete documentation in our Case Management record systems
- Strong working knowledge of Milliman Care Guidelines
- Highly organized and self-motivated to effectively manage multiple members
- Adherence to all member privacy and confidentiality standards of practice (i.e. HIPAA)
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- Masters in Social Work (MSW) required from a graduate school approved by the Council on Social Work Education
- LMSW/LSW Required
- At least 2 years of medical social work experience
- Familiar with medical case management and healthcare
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top