People Strategy Manager, Diversity & Inclusion
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a People Strategy Manager for Diversity & Inclusion to join our People team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You'll be a foundational member of the Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DI&B) team responsible for building and operationalizing Oscar’s DI&B strategy and providing strategic support to our community of Employee Resource Groups.
This is your chance to get in on the ground floor of our journey and develop an innovative, end-to-end diversity and inclusion program at scale.
You will report into the Director of Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
- Implement the strategy for DI&B by identifying opportunities to embed it into all aspects of our People and Business operations
- Develop plans that support our efforts to attract, hire, develop and retain a diverse workforce and build an inclusive work culture
- Operationalize Oscar’s ERG strategy, advise and support the community of ERG leaders to promote positive outcomes
- Monitor workforce trends; including legal developments affecting policy and the recruitment and retention of talent
- Build internal reporting tools to track DI&B metrics
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years of work experience and 3+ years of direct D&I experience
- You have experience managing confidential information
- You have experience partnering with executives
- You are comfortable analyzing data to inform decisions
- You have high emotional intelligence and the ability to engage team members thoughtfully and with empathy
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to navigate complexity
- You have project management (PMP) certification
- You have tech or healthcare industry work experience
- You have a “no job too big or small” ownership attitude
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top