- New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring an Operations Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
As an Operations Analyst, you will take ownership of aspects of our insurance operations processes and identify areas for potential improvement. You will guide the development of process improvements and organize cross-functional support where needed. You will also help troubleshoot issues that arise by investigating the scope, cause and scale of the problem throughout our insurance operation.
You will work with internal Oscar teams ranging from network, sales, clinical, legal, and technical teams. You may also work with regulatory authorities and Oscar’s vendors.
Note that you will have the potential for tremendous growth and leadership opportunities as Oscar scales and expands into new markets. We are looking for people who are excited to grow with us.
You will report to one of our leaders on the Insurance Operations team.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
During your first six weeks:
- Built an understanding of our operational policies and workflows.
- Developed some initial insights into opportunities for workflow improvements.
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools, data, and technical processes (e.g. database querying and dashboard creation).
- Begun to form working relationships across the Oscar team.
- Developed a comprehensive understanding of our performance metrics.
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis:
- Surface data, process, and technology issues through identification, measurement, and monitoring of our operations.
- Identify error trends, rectify, and determine how to prevent these errors moving forward.
- Improve existing workflows and work with and find automation opportunities.
- Support your team and leadership through guiding decisions and implementation on an ongoing basis.
- Identify areas for policy clarification and keep an eye on operational policies.
- Help create documentation of workflows, SOPs and policies.
- Maintain relationships with relevant team members as a representative of insurance operations.
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of professional experience
- Experience in SQL or similar database languages
- Experience using data to solve complex problems
- Experience improving and designing processes
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have...
- Experience in an operational rotational program
- Experience in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Enjoy applying technology in creative and novel ways
- Process improvement qualifications/certifications
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top