Medical Director, Virtual Care
- Los Angeles, CA
Hi, we're Oscar Medical Group. We’re hiring a Medical Director for Virtual Care to join our team in Los Angeles, CA
Healthcare is broken. Patients experience a system that is fragmented, inaccessible, and impossibly complicated. We want to change that starting with primary care that is accessible, high quality, and personal. We believe that great primary care means partnering with patients on their healthcare journeys, while helping them navigate the larger healthcare system. We’re continuing our efforts to improve healthcare with a ‘virtual first’ connection.
About this role:
We’re looking for an innovative physician leader to develop and lead a Virtual Primary Care Team, overseeing all care delivered to our patients in Los Angeles, one of our first Virtual Primary Care markets. You'll be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary care team- including Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) and Medical Assistants (MAs), delivering world-class primary care using a unique and innovative care model. With this team, you will manage a panel of patients primarily virtually while coordinating in-person care when required.
As the medical director in our LA market, you will be a clinical leader in shaping overall care delivery in California helping inform the care model in other markets as they evolve. You will serve as a liaison between Oscar Medical Group and other healthcare providers in the market to ensure we are building a strong medical neighborhood for our patients.
- Provide clinical leadership for the Los Angeles market.
- Manage a multidisciplinary care delivery team (including APP and MA staff).
- Provide direct patient care to patients (flexibility for in-person care preferred but not required)
- Escalation point for the care delivery team
- Work closely with senior leadership to manage clinical partnerships in the Los Angeles markets.
- Help recruit an extraordinary team of care providers.
- Support development of clinical guidelines and continuous improvement of Care Model.
- Provide thought leadership and give feedback on ways to improve workflows and tooling to reflect best care practices.
- Be available for on call shifts and to answer critical labs escalations.
- Maintain a flexible patient schedule
- Be accountable for the quality of care for your panel
- Participate in Oscar Medical Group committees
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school, licensed (or eligible to be licensed) in California
- 3+ years of primary care experience; specialty in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Medicine-Pediatrics required.
- Experience as a medical director, leading a team of care providers.
- Familiarity with the care delivery environment in Los Angeles.
- Ideally possessing Spanish language fluency.
- Located in Los Angeles with a willingness to practice in person as necessary.
- Experience being metrics driven in a practice setting as it relates to population health management, quality benchmarks, and productivity
- Willingness to practice medicine in unconventional settings including delivering care outside the confines of the usual office visit.
- A desire to challenge the conventional in search of delivering a better healthcare experience.
- Computer proficiency
- EHR Tool experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Back to top