Manager, Finance and Vendor Operations
- New York, NY
About the role:
You will be working with the Oscar Medical Group and Oscar Health Care Delivery teams and will be responsible for financial operations and vendor account management of the practice. The medical services we currently provide include (1) primary care with integrated behavioral health at the Oscar Center, our clinic in Brooklyn (2) urgent care, primary care, population health interventions via telemedicine (3) complex case management. You will play a critical role in the financial management and vendor oversight of these current offerings and the expansion of our practice into new medical services.
Your primary responsibilities will consist of claims processing, accounting, financial operations and vendor management for the Oscar Medical Group. Core operations in this vertical include Revenue Cycle Management, Training and Vendor Oversight.
You will report to the President of the Oscar Medical Group and have an indirect reporting line into the Oscar Health Chief Operating Officer of Care Delivery and Senior Practice Manager.
- Claims Processing / Accounting for the practice
- Budget assistance
- Working with leaders across the medical group to manage the financial performance of each service line.
- Reporting to leaders across Oscar Health and Oscar Medical Group the collective financial health of the practice and profitability KPIs.
- Working with the Senior Practice Manager to maintain the overall financial health of the practice.
- Day to day oversight of the practice vendors, including but not limited to, Teladoc.
- Working with procurement to establish SLAs for vendors and reporting any issues with an SLA in place.
- Subject matter expertise with Practice financials with emphasis on Revenue Cycle Management
- Revenue Cycle Management experience 5+ years ideally with multi-speciality or multi-center practices
- Command of Practice Management financial analytics
- Experience building, managing, and leading diverse teams
- Practice Transformation experience:
- Integrating administrative, financial, and clinical systems for better performance and improved outcomes
- Familiarity with Health Information Technology and Population Health tooling
- Driving adoption and change with clinicians with focus on top of the license care
- Experience with SQL, BigQuery, Periscope or equivalent data management infrastructure
- BA or Masters in Health Care Management
- Experience in tech-forward Practices (i.e. practices that have incorporated telemedicine)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top