- New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Junior Paralegal to join our Legal team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As Junior Paralegal, you will be a key member of the Legal team who will support the corporate legal team with corporate secretary work, contract support, litigation support and other general legal support matters.
Oscar is a dynamic, exciting and fast paced environment. You should be comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
- Manage corporate governance matters, including preparation, organization and maintenance of materials for board and committee meetings.
- Handle corporate secretarial management through entire lifecycle (formation, mergers, dissolutions) and other corporate secretarial matters, including secretary certificates, data requests, officer appointments,
- Partner with members of the legal team in order to draft, review, assess, and edit a variety of legal documents, including service agreements, vendor agreements, contracts, NDAs, BAAs
- Provide litigation support
- Provide legal and administrative support to attorneys
- Design and manage processes for categorizing and maintaining corporate documentation and contracts
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of paralegal experience at a top tier law firm and/or in-house at a publicly traded company
- Experience supporting public company governance and Securities and Exchange Act compliance, including supporting 10Ks, 10Qs, 8Ks, Section 16 reporting and insider trading compliance;
- Demonstrable experience performing legal research under attorney supervision and proficient with redlining and editing capabilities of Word and Google Docs
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; you always strive for perfection
- Ability to manage competing demands, shifting priorities and interests of multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic and follow-through skills
- You get things done, even if it’s crunch time, with a knack for making processes more systematized
- You are a team player
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in the healthcare industry or insurance industry
- Experience with startups
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top