Director, Security Engineering - IAM
- New York, NY
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Director, Security Engineering - IAM to join our Engineering team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role
Taking care of our Members includes securing their data and ensuring business operations are resilient to threats related to computer and kinetic events. The mission of the Security team is to protect the data our customers have entrusted to us, and make it possible for Oscar management to make informed, risk-calibrated decisions.
In this role, you will lead the Identity & Access Management (IAM) program at Oscar, partnering with stakeholders across the business and leading a team of security software engineers.
You will report to the Senior Director, Security Engineering.
- Own the IAM program - lead the vision, roadmap, activities, and key deliverables for this major Security Engineering program functions
- IAM Audit work - continue work to automate and scale the methods to conduct routine access reviews and identify hot spots for access management focus across various company solutions and platforms
- Maintain a trusted and constructive collaboration with Oscar’s Engineering and Product organizations
- Build and manage a team designed to deliver value with a company-wide scope of impact
- Create elegant and robust system designs and architectural solutions
- Mentor your engineers and upscale their skills via code reviews and guidance in their code development tasks
- Roll up your sleeves when necessary and join the team to deliver great solutions
- 10+ years experience in security engineering, or a combination of time spent in software engineering and security experience
- Understanding of identity management, and building IAM platforms
- Strong collaborator; familiar with successful models bridging Engineering and Security priorities
- Communicate effectively with executive leadership
- Hands on experience in at least one modern programming language
- Experience working in AWS ecosystem
- Experience in leading design and development activities via Agile or similar methodologies
- Are familiar with government and regulatory agencies that oversee the healthcare industry
- Are an expert in Cloud security practices and solutions for major CSPs
- Expertise or familiarity with cloud orchestration (Terraform/Ansible/Cloud Formation)
- Expertise or familiarity with Hashicorp products (Consul/Vault/Packer/etc.)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top