Director, Practice Management & Transformation
- New York, NY
About the role:
Oscar Medical Group is Oscar Health’s virtual medical group, and it’s growing dramatically!
Oscar Medical Group is expanding its scopes of service, geographic footprint, and Provider hires to offer world class virtual care, including urgent care and longitudinal primary care, to all members.
As we expand the practice, we need an experienced, Director to manage the practice- including the day to day business operations, workforce management and staffing, licensing & credentialing, onboarding & training, and financials. This leader will need to think creatively and strategically about how to scale an already rapidly growing practice, while managing day-to-day operations for a virtual team located across the country.
You will report to the Vice President of Virtual Care and work closely with our Oscar Medical Group clinical leadership team.
*please note remote candidates will be considered*
- Ensure our providers are empowered and enabled to delivery high quality care.
- Own the practice financials and ensure providers are delivering exceptional care while conserving long term costs. Track actuals vs budget.
- Manage provider staffing, and maintain staffing models. Oversee workforce management and planning, including schedule setting and load balancing.
- Manage quality metrics for the practice, build panel management strategy, and report out on practice health and performance.
- Work cross functionally with Product, IT, Legal and other key Oscar stakeholder groups to keep the practice running smoothly day to day.
- Troubleshoot IT issues and on ground site of service issues.
- Own practice training and onboarding strategy in partnership with our Training team. Oversee licensing and credentialing for all providers.
- Manage team of direct reports across the core functions listed above.
- 7-10+ years Practice Management experience; ideally with outpatient / physician practices.
- Familiarity with Practice financials
- Experience in tech-forward Practices (i.e. practices that have incorporated telemedicine)
- Command of Practice Management analytics and metrics; experience with clinical quality metrics
- Comfort and excitement towards working with remote, cross market, clinical teams operating in technology forward, fast-paced environment
- Experience building, managing, and leading diverse teams
- Experience integrating administrative, financial, and clinical systems for better performance and improved outcomes
- Familiarity with Health Information Technology and Population Health tooling
- Hands on work driving adoption and change with clinicians
- Experience with SQL and data visualization management
- BA or Masters in Health Care Management
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top