Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Director of FP&A to join our Finance team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
We are looking for a Director to build our corporate FP&A function. You will lead the annual planning process, quarterly re-forecast and monthly/quarterly reporting processes.
You will report to the Vice President of Financial Planning. This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Lead the (annual) budgeting, forecasting, reporting and quarterly pacing process
- Lead the monthly budget versus actual analysis as well actual versus prior year and other benchmark data including providing variance analysis for management reviews
- Refine the business metrics and reporting providing insightful information to leadership and design dashboards to provide transparency on important KPIs.
- Lead efforts to partner with each department to provide expense trends and analyze main reasons for costs
- Drive requirements for enhancements of the financial planning and business intelligence system
- Support essential decisions through ad-hoc analyses (e.g. departmental P&Ls, magnitude and timing of infrastructure investment).
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of FP&A experience
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives
- Experience working at a public company
- Complete FMP
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.