Data Scientist, Concierge
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Data Scientist for Concierge to join our Data team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Insurance companies sit on a trove of data that is both broad and deep, spanning financial claims, clinical medical records, and rich product interaction data from our members. Oscar's Data team connects the dots across these datasets to give us unique insight into how the healthcare system functions and allows us to improve care coordination, better manage risk, build higher-performing provider networks, and create a standout consumer experience in our product.
As a Data Scientist for Concierge, you'll work with data scientists, clinical professionals, and care guides to surface metrics and extract insights. You will report to a Senior Data Scientist on the team.
- Organize disparate data sources and structure them into clean data models.
- Build analytical tools to better monitor the performance of our case management team and associated processes.
- Analyze usage signals to measure and better address member needs and pain points.
- Empower our operations teams with the insights and tools they need to best serve our members and scale the business.
- 2+ years of analyst experience
- A technical bent and the ability to use or to learn to use tools like Excel, SQL, or Python to answer your questions
- Experience translating analysis into clear recommendations that improve results
- Experience communicating complex analytics results to all kinds of audiences
- Experience translating open-ended questions into concrete implementation approach
- Experience either performing data-driven analytics work or project managing complex projects.
- Knowledge of health care, health economics, health policy, or health insurance.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top