Associate Actuary II
- New York, NY
Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human.
We’re changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in this space — and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise and to seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
As an Associate Actuary II, you will join our Actuarial team and work directly with other actuaries, data scientists, insurance and tech professionals. You will own pieces of the actuarial work that enables our innovative model to succeed as we grow. We understand and value technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
- Provide an actuarial viewpoint for Oscar’s Individual and Small Group markets as we rapidly grow in existing and new markets
- Enhance and maintain pricing models and methodologies
- Key contributor in developing and submitting Individual and Small Group rate filings
- Actuarial support for testing and reporting on compliance with Federal Mental Health Parity requirements
- Performing various analyses and experience monitoring related to new and current product lines, vendors, and partners
- Promote and shape Oscar actuarial best practices with respect to automation and documentation
- Maintain good relationships, rapport, and lines of communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- You're an Associate of the Society of Actuaries, or on track to become one
- You have 5+ years of relevant actuarial experience, preferably in commercial healthcare pricing
- You have mastered foundational actuarial principles, including but not limited to pricing, valuation, modeling, and product development
- You have excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have a preference for working in a dynamic startup environment where each day offers new challenges
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
Back to top