Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring an Actuarial Analyst to join our Finance team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
You'll join our Actuarial team and work directly with other actuaries, data scientists, insurance and tech professionals. You will own pieces of the actuarial work that enables our innovative model to succeed as we grow. We understand and value technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
- Provide an actuarial viewpoint for Oscar as we rapidly grow in existing and new markets
- Build and maintain models and methodologies supporting core actuarial functions including pricing, reserving, forecasting, and reporting
- Performing various analyses and experience monitoring related to new and current product lines, vendors, and partners
- Promote and shape Oscar actuarial best practices with respect to automation and documentation
- Maintain good relationships, rapport, and lines of communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- You're an Associate of the Society of Actuaries or on track to become one
- You have 1-3 years of relevant actuarial experience, preferably in healthcare
- You are familiar with foundational actuarial principles, including but not limited to pricing, valuation, modeling, and product development
- You have excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- You're able to work well with a smart, passionate, and growing team
- You have a preference for working in a dynamic startup environment where each day offers new challenges
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Back to top