Software Engineer - Ruby
Optoro is a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry.
Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell.
This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and connects them to their best use, increasing recovery value, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Our Mission is to champion the world's returned and excess goods, create unmatched value and power the future of sustainable commerce.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
We build software to help us solve this problem. We have tools that manage inventory in both ours and client warehouses, visualization and reports showing clients how much value they are getting out of their excess inventory, and entire eCommerce platforms and integrations to get these products into new and appreciative hands.
Organized into cross-functional teams that work closely with our stakeholders, our Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and DevOps Engineers build our amazing products. Our foundation is in Ruby and Rails, and we continue to expand our toolbox and position ourselves to continue using the best technologies for the job.
We especially focus on continuous delivery and continuous learning. For delivery, we have short iterations and regular demos. We CI and deploy constantly. For learning we do lots of things -- from weekly brown-bag lunches to hosting meetups and going to conferences. We hire people not only based on what they already know, but based on what they are learning and their hunger to deliver and to keep expanding their skills!
Software Engineer - Ruby
The Software Engineer will be an integral member of our team, helping create dynamic Ruby on Rails and Angular-based web and mobile applications for Optoro’s enterprise software solution, data and analytics platform, and cutting-edge eCommerce sites, BLINQ.com and BULQ.com. This position is ideal for entrepreneurial candidates who are interested in working in an exciting, growth environment for a company that has been in the reverse logistics industry for almost ten years.
- Work with Product Management and other developers on a team to design practical solutions meeting business needs
- Some limited ops responsibilities, familiarity with Linux and related service technologies (Unicorn, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, Docker, etc.) is a bonus
- Other duties based on the needs of our growing company
- Excited about creating amazing web applications
- 2+ years experience in software engineering
- Knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Passionate about good, clean code
- Experience building and deploying apps
- Understands open source and is passionate about open code
- Comfortable with git and is not afraid of leaving the IDE
- Stays on top of the latest trends in the tech world
- Work primarily locally as part of a team
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
As a director, Kristin's responsibilities include managing the Customer Care Team, which handles all emails, calls, and chats from customers who are inquiring about Optoro's products and customer policies.
Back to top