Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
We are a fast-growing tech company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell, creating tons of unnecessary waste and costing retailers billions. We provide a technology solution that keeps these items out of landfills and offers consumers great deals.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country, including Kleiner Perkins and Revolution Growth, Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
Are you empathetic, decisive, and driven by the desire to create superb user experiences? Do you believe that great design + collaboration = team success? If so, keep reading.
The Senior UX Designer will join our design team, which reports directly to the company president, because design is important to Optoro. You will work on one or more of our four brands touching mobile and desktop experiences. Collaborating closely with the team, you will evolve personas, capture requirements, sketch out flows and interfaces, create wireframes / prototypes, and present solutions that optimize business performance and user satisfaction. This role will report to the Head of Design.
In a given week, you would...
- Collaborate with project teams (Product, Dev, QA and visual design) to understand and document requirements, answering “Who, why, what, when, and where?”
- Conduct and document research (user interviews, usability tests, personas and user scenarios, etc…) to ensure the audience is central to the solution.
- Create design concepts (sketches, wireframes, site maps and task-based flows) that clearly unify audience and business goals.
- Test ideas (digital prototypes) and rapidly incorporate user feedback.
- Stay connected through tools like Slack, Confluence and JIRA.
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Lead learning sessions with the design team, sharing your knowledge and help to refine and improve the design team’s process and deliverables.
A perfect candidate has...
- 2-3 years eCommerce industry experience. (required)
- 5+ years of digital user-centric design experience.
- A degree in human-computer interaction, design, or commensurate experience.
- Online portfolio of work that demonstrates highly functional, creative design solutions, strong layout design, and solid information architecture across platforms.
- Samples of user centric research and deliverables (customer interviews, field studies, heuristic evaluations, personas, user stories, customer journeys, etc)
- A track record of taking charge of entire features or products.
- Solid ability to embrace giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback and have strong communication skills to explain design decisions.
- Working knowledge of responsive web and native mobile technology (iOS, Android) for phones, tablets, and wearables (a plus).
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Google Analytics, Invision, UserTesting, UserZoom, etc.
- Worked on a variety of mobile experiences.
- Flexibility and drive to quickly learn new skills to tackle a problem.
- A focus on continued learning; the ideal candidate will improve not only themselves but the teams around him or her.
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Director, Customer Experience
As a director, Kristin's responsibilities include managing the Customer Care Team, which handles all emails, calls, and chats from customers who are inquiring about Optoro's products and customer policies.
Back to top