Senior Software Engineer
Optoro is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the retail industry. Every year, more than 15% of retail goods are returned or simply never sell. This creates tons of unnecessary waste and costs retailers billions.
Our mission is to make retail more sustainable by eliminating all waste from returns. Our technology platform connects every returned item to its best home, thereby increasing profitability for retailers, giving consumers great deals, and reducing environmental waste.
Backed by some of the top investors in the country - including Kleiner Perkins, Revolution Growth, and UPS - Optoro is powered by its collaborative, unconventional, and resourceful employees who love solving big problems. We are looking for individuals with similar creativity and energy to help build a lasting company focused on the triple bottom line.
We build software to help us solve this problem. We have tools that manage inventory in both ours and client warehouses, visualization and reports showing clients how much value they are getting out of their excess inventory, and entire eCommerce platforms and integrations to get these products into new and appreciative hands.
Organized into cross-functional teams that work closely with our stakeholders, our Developers, QA Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, and DevOps Engineers build our amazing products. Our foundation is in Ruby and Rails, and we continue to expand our toolbox and position ourselves to continue using the best technologies for the job.
We especially focus on continuous delivery and continuous learning. For delivery, we have short iterations and regular demos. We CI and deploy constantly. For learning we do lots of things -- from weekly brown-bag lunches to hosting meetups and going to conferences. We hire people not only based on what they already know, but based on what they are learning and their hunger to deliver and to keep expanding their skills!
Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer will be an integral member of our team, helping create dynamic Ruby on Rails and Angular-based web and mobile applications for Optoro’s enterprise software solution, data and analytics platform, and cutting-edge eCommerce site BLINQ.com. This position is ideal for entrepreneurial candidates who are interested in working in an exciting, growth environment for a company that has been in the reverse logistics industry for almost ten years.
- Work with Product Management and other developers on a team to design practical solutions meeting business needs
- Some ops responsibilities, familiarity with Linux and related service technologies (Unicorn, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.) is a bonus
- Help introduce new technologies and best practices as needed to solve business problems
- Other duties based on the needs of our growing company
- Excited about creating amazing web applications
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails or similar technologies
- Demonstrated superior understanding of web technologies
- Passionate about good, clean code
- Truly understands open source and is passionate about open code (esp already participating)
- Comfortable with git and is not afraid of leaving the IDE
- Stays on top of the latest trends in the tech world
- Will work primarily locally as part of a team
Optoro is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Optoro's Employees
Senior eCommerce Marketing Analyst
As an e-commerce marketing analyst, Becca investigates the “hows and whys” of organizational progress and determines what levers Optoro can pull to increase their conversion rates and sales.
Back to top